In 2017 just one week before traveling to America, I was cleaning a wall that was covered with crystalized mold. I wore a shirt over my face and protected my hands as I scrubbed off the mold to prepare for a reapplication of paint (as was advised by painters). Even though the wall was coated 6 months before with damp-proofing products, the mold crystals returned within days of repainting it!
When I arrived in the U.S., I was coughing up phlegm and wheezing. At first I thought it was just a cold, but it became clear that something was not right with my lungs. After running many culture tests and one month of coughing, I was diagnosed with a lung infection from a particular type of mold. I took a specific anti-fungal medication and finally felt some relief! After that experience I began to wonder how many people are suffering from a mold infection without knowing it?
Mold grows where there is moisture such as from leaky roofs, walls, windows or pipes. Mold can grow on nearly every surface; wood, cement, plaster, tiles, paper and cardboard. It can also grow in dust, wallpaper, insulation, paint, fabrics, upholstery, and even in the foods we eat!
A quick search of the most common molds (Stachybotrys, Mucormycetes, Aspergillus, Alternaria, Chaetomium, Penicillium, Trichoderma,) will bring up some pretty alarming results.
Mold can cause many health issues that may be overlooked such as: sore throat, coughing, stuffy nose, wheezing, skin rashes or irritated eyes. Mold can cause reactions for people suffering with allergies or asthma and those with immunity issues like chronic lung disease may suffer severe symptoms and infections.
That you can control mold by;
OBIC Solutions provides innovative products designed specifically to provide the next level of protection for your home and health. OBIC Solutions is committed to providing our customers and communities with a high quality, cost-effective solution for your waterproofing needs. In addition to saving you money and keeping your structure cooler, our products will: